Wednesday, February 12, 2014
TROY The Grangeville girls handled their 2A District II tournament opener against Orofino about the same way they handled two regular season meetings with the Maniacs. By etching a 65-15 victory on the tournament last Saturday, Feb. 8, GHS reiterated the notice it served to the rest of the Central Idaho League all season long: the league’s sole state seed belongs to Grangeville.
Though they no doubt intend to defend their passport with the full ferocity for which their mascot is known, even Bulldogs bow to the weather, as a snowstorm compelled the postponement of Monday night’s scheduled meeting with St. Maries.
The Lumberjacks are coming off a Saturday win, 41-35 over Coeur d’Alene Charter, but they didn’t come within a dozen of beating GHS during the regular season. Grangeville claimed two regular season victories over St. Maries by a combined 88-48.
Coming — Grangeville will play St. Maries at Troy at 6 p.m. tonight, Wednesday, Feb. 12, with an Orofino-Charter matchup to follow. With a win, Grangeville would play for the district title and a state berth Friday night, Feb. 14.
Wednesday’s loser will return to Troy Feb. 13 and will need to win three in a row to advance.
More like this story
- Steelhead anglers catching fish at a three-hour clip
- Hunters asked to report by phone; Internet reporting system remains offline after hack
- CV's District Titleist
- Frei reflects on senior season
- Rams stumble as Whitepine League playoff picture comes into focus
- District champion Savages headed to Bonneville; Pirates run through play-ins, en route to Rigby
- Vengeance a factor as GHS returns to McCall
- Grangeville’s season ends at play-in
- IDFG urges cautious driving after school bus hits cow elk down south
Grangeville Veterans Center Grand Opening, Oct, 15, 2016
The Veterans Outreach and Community Center in Grangeville held its grand opening ceremony last Saturday, Oct. 15, that featured refreshments and live music. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)