Wednesday, February 12, 2014
TROY The Grangeville girls handled their 2A District II tournament opener against Orofino about the same way they handled two regular season meetings with the Maniacs. By etching a 65-15 victory on the tournament last Saturday, Feb. 8, GHS reiterated the notice it served to the rest of the Central Idaho League all season long: the league’s sole state seed belongs to Grangeville.
Though they no doubt intend to defend their passport with the full ferocity for which their mascot is known, even Bulldogs bow to the weather, as a snowstorm compelled the postponement of Monday night’s scheduled meeting with St. Maries.
The Lumberjacks are coming off a Saturday win, 41-35 over Coeur d’Alene Charter, but they didn’t come within a dozen of beating GHS during the regular season. Grangeville claimed two regular season victories over St. Maries by a combined 88-48.
Coming — Grangeville will play St. Maries at Troy at 6 p.m. tonight, Wednesday, Feb. 12, with an Orofino-Charter matchup to follow. With a win, Grangeville would play for the district title and a state berth Friday night, Feb. 14.
Wednesday’s loser will return to Troy Feb. 13 and will need to win three in a row to advance.
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)