Wednesday, February 12, 2014
TROY The Grangeville girls handled their 2A District II tournament opener against Orofino about the same way they handled two regular season meetings with the Maniacs. By etching a 65-15 victory on the tournament last Saturday, Feb. 8, GHS reiterated the notice it served to the rest of the Central Idaho League all season long: the league’s sole state seed belongs to Grangeville.
Though they no doubt intend to defend their passport with the full ferocity for which their mascot is known, even Bulldogs bow to the weather, as a snowstorm compelled the postponement of Monday night’s scheduled meeting with St. Maries.
The Lumberjacks are coming off a Saturday win, 41-35 over Coeur d’Alene Charter, but they didn’t come within a dozen of beating GHS during the regular season. Grangeville claimed two regular season victories over St. Maries by a combined 88-48.
Coming — Grangeville will play St. Maries at Troy at 6 p.m. tonight, Wednesday, Feb. 12, with an Orofino-Charter matchup to follow. With a win, Grangeville would play for the district title and a state berth Friday night, Feb. 14.
Wednesday’s loser will return to Troy Feb. 13 and will need to win three in a row to advance.
More like this story
- Fish and Game temporarily halts online license and tag sales
- Danly to join Walla Walla softball program
- Sports...in brief
- Bowling leagues starting up
- Farmers’ market asks customers to complete survey this Saturday
- It's Your Business: Stop by Hoene’s, win prizes
- In the News - Aug. 24, 2016
- Cottonwood News: Purchase ‘Mystery Night’ tickets now
- Riggins News: Fire continues to burn in Riggins
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)