Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Starting Feb. 24, Idaho Department of Fish and Game with volunteer assistance will collect adult hatchery steelhead for brood stock to increase adult returns to the South Fork Clearwater River. The minimum target is to collect 200 hatchery steelhead by March 9.
Considering that approximately 5,000 hatchery adult steelhead are projected to head toward the South Fork Clearwater River, removing 200 fish for brood stock should have little or no impact on anglers’ chances of catching fish.
Last spring, IDFG personnel and volunteers collected 209 hatchery origin steelhead for brood stock.
Contact the regional Idaho Fish and Game office,799-5010 for more information or to sign up.
More like this story
- Fire at Blue North mill in Kamiah
- Zumwalt tops Orofino tourney
- Boat registrations in the mail
- Lindsley throws C of I record
- Prairie girls throttle short-handed Genesee
- Dreadfulwater’s late three downs Genesee
- Morrow lifts CV
- Sports...in brief
- Over the river and through the woods: St. Mary’s brings care to Elk City
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)