Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Starting Feb. 24, Idaho Department of Fish and Game with volunteer assistance will collect adult hatchery steelhead for brood stock to increase adult returns to the South Fork Clearwater River. The minimum target is to collect 200 hatchery steelhead by March 9.
Considering that approximately 5,000 hatchery adult steelhead are projected to head toward the South Fork Clearwater River, removing 200 fish for brood stock should have little or no impact on anglers’ chances of catching fish.
Last spring, IDFG personnel and volunteers collected 209 hatchery origin steelhead for brood stock.
Contact the regional Idaho Fish and Game office,799-5010 for more information or to sign up.
More like this story
- July 3 rodeo ‘Pink Out’ to raise cancer awareness, local funds
- Stanley Cup winner Cole coming to Border Days
- Seubert's Haul
- CV wrestling fund-raiser exceeds goal on $10K gift
- Rough, No Tumble
- Clearwater River fishery to stay open this week
- Sports...in brief
- Marek nabs bronc prize
- Grangeville Farmers’ Market to open July 2; Food stamps will be accepted at this year’s market
- Thanks to Larson’s