Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Starting Feb. 24, Idaho Department of Fish and Game with volunteer assistance will collect adult hatchery steelhead for brood stock to increase adult returns to the South Fork Clearwater River. The minimum target is to collect 200 hatchery steelhead by March 9.
Considering that approximately 5,000 hatchery adult steelhead are projected to head toward the South Fork Clearwater River, removing 200 fish for brood stock should have little or no impact on anglers’ chances of catching fish.
Last spring, IDFG personnel and volunteers collected 209 hatchery origin steelhead for brood stock.
Contact the regional Idaho Fish and Game office,799-5010 for more information or to sign up.
More like this story
- Fish and Game temporarily halts online license and tag sales
- Danly to join Walla Walla softball program
- Sports...in brief
- Bowling leagues starting up
- Farmers’ market asks customers to complete survey this Saturday
- It's Your Business: Stop by Hoene’s, win prizes
- In the News - Aug. 24, 2016
- Cottonwood News: Purchase ‘Mystery Night’ tickets now
- Riggins News: Fire continues to burn in Riggins
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)