Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- IDL: Grangeville-area prescribed burn "highly successful"
- Call Log: Lewis County Sheriff
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Government: Idaho County Commission
- Outdoor classroom has been teaching kids for 30 years
- Area’s mining history to be discussed at Thursday program
- ‘Reading buddies’ meant to instill love of literacy
- Census shows Idaho County gain in 65 and older, 20-to-39 age groups
- District to decide $500,000 water revenue bond on Nov. 3
- Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest visitor surveys begin Oct. 1
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge