Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- Salmon River on to state; Prairie, Grangeville face play-ins
- GHS ‘hungry’ as playoffs open
- Savages lock up Long Pin Conference title
- Sports...in brief
- Muddy Masterpiece
- Idaho’s Constitution Doesn’t Need HJR 5
- HJR 5 allows Legislature to keep killing bad regulations
- Hold Your State Government Accountable, Vote Yes on HJR 5
- Musick : Auctioning real estate is fast and effective
Grangeville Veterans Center Grand Opening, Oct, 15, 2016
The Veterans Outreach and Community Center in Grangeville held its grand opening ceremony last Saturday, Oct. 15, that featured refreshments and live music. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)