Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- Kamiah to visit league leader Genesee
- Lutz, GHS girls finished ‘proud’
- Prairie ascends to second in WPL
- Playoff-bound Bulldogs on bye week
- IDFG seeks public help with poaching case
- Idaho looks to book coho records
- Steelhead harvest season opened Sunday, Oct. 15
- Snowhaven ski swap slated Nov. 17-18
- Bolan is new Ferdinand veterinarian
Neighborhood Experts: Idaho County Propane
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)