Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- July 3 rodeo ‘Pink Out’ to raise cancer awareness, local funds
- Stanley Cup winner Cole coming to Border Days
- Seubert's Haul
- CV wrestling fund-raiser exceeds goal on $10K gift
- Rough, No Tumble
- Clearwater River fishery to stay open this week
- Sports...in brief
- Marek nabs bronc prize
- Grangeville Farmers’ Market to open July 2; Food stamps will be accepted at this year’s market
- Thanks to Larson’s