Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- Lt. Governor declares Idaho, Lewis counties in state of emergency
- Runoff from heavy rains fill pool at Jerry Johnson rec site
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Dispatch Log: ICSO, GPD, CPD
- CIAA celebrates founding member Eddie Olson
- Good legislative effort continues for sexual assault victims
- Salvage Idaho’s forest family
- Thanks to patrons for their levy ‘yes’ votes
- Where to find ‘big’ money? The FAIRtax
South Fork Clearwater Localized Steelhead Brood Stock Collection
Recording data of fish caught as part of the South Fork Clearwater Localized Steelhead Brood Stock Collection, an Idaho Department of Fish and Game program that supplies steelhead to hatcheries at the Clearwater and Dworshak national hatcheries from anglers who volunteer to turn over their catch. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)