Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- Zumwalt tops Orofino tourney
- Boat registrations in the mail
- Lindsley throws C of I record
- Prairie girls throttle short-handed Genesee
- Dreadfulwater’s late three downs Genesee
- Morrow lifts CV
- Sports...in brief
- Over the river and through the woods: St. Mary’s brings care to Elk City
- It's Your Business: Robinson offering tires; credit unions host annual meetings
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)