Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- Harvests In View
- All wheat, barley, oats stocks stored in Idaho up
- Northwest FCS market Snapshots show strong crops, varied returns
- NASS reporting wheat, barley oats production on July 1 conditions
- Farm Credit Services a helping hand to area farmers, ranchers
- 94 Grangeville swimmers set to compete Saturday
- Harris heading to Jamestown on QB scholarship
- Second deer tags will sell for full price this year
- Sports...in brief
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)