Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- William ‘Bill’ Wheeler, 66
- Ima Fae Kurts, 83
- Tempus Fugit
- Riggins Rodeo Royalty: Farris, Diaz will promote event as queen, princess
- Cottonwood News: Next health walk is May 7 in Cottonwood
- Riggins News: 68th rodeo set for this weekend
- Elk City: Dixie to honor service members May 29
- CVES kids learn water safety
- Kamiah library offers free books to kids registering for kindergarten
- Prairie schools concerts set for May