Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The North Central Idaho Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) will be accepting project proposals for review and possible funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Deadline is Feb. 28.
RAC-funded projects must be located on national forest system lands in Clearwater, Idaho and Latah counties or on nearby lands if the project will benefit resources on the national forests. Projects can be completed by Forest Service personnel, through partnership agreements or by open-bid contracting with individuals and corporations. The RAC works closely with the Forest Service to recommend projects that will benefit forest health, fish, wildlife, soils, watersheds and other resources; maintains roads, trails and other infrastructure; or control noxious weeds.
Project funds are available through the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act, which was reauthorized by Congress for one year.
More like this story
- Idaho auctions second Good Neighbor Authority timber sale on federal lands
- Planned Avista power outage June 27 to impact 650 customers
- Middler day camp on tap for July
- Earthquake reported in western Idaho County
- Riding High
- 57K enter Super Hunt drawing
- Sports...in brief
- Pacific Cabinets Inc. names Casey Forsmann as GM
- Corral Dust: Two Shiznits food trailers; drill team celebrates 60 years
Flag Day Ceremony
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)