Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The Grangeville Lions Club requested and received authorization from the Grangeville City Council to name the kids’ playground area at Lions Park in honor of the late Dick Newby. The club honored Newby, who died in 1997, for his contributions to the Grangeville community, including being one of the founders and past president of Grangeville Youth Baseball, also having run the program for approximately 20 years that impacted more than 2,000 children. Newby was also a member of the Lions, Elks and Jaycees, and he was honored by the Grangeville Booster Club for his devotion to GHS sports. Lions Club members pictured with the sign they put up Saturday, Jan. 25, are (L-R) Rodney Barger, Joe Rodriguez, Kevin Asker, David Poncin, Greg Stone and Garry Seloske.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)