Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The Grangeville Lions Club requested and received authorization from the Grangeville City Council to name the kids’ playground area at Lions Park in honor of the late Dick Newby. The club honored Newby, who died in 1997, for his contributions to the Grangeville community, including being one of the founders and past president of Grangeville Youth Baseball, also having run the program for approximately 20 years that impacted more than 2,000 children. Newby was also a member of the Lions, Elks and Jaycees, and he was honored by the Grangeville Booster Club for his devotion to GHS sports. Lions Club members pictured with the sign they put up Saturday, Jan. 25, are (L-R) Rodney Barger, Joe Rodriguez, Kevin Asker, David Poncin, Greg Stone and Garry Seloske.
More like this story
- Texas man killed in auto accident
- Wonnacott setting his pace
- Youth waterfowl, pheasant seasons open soon
- Olsen places second overall at Seaport Invitational
- Salmon River girls win G’ville Tourney
- Passport program a boon for new hunters
- PHS crushes Council; Savages smash Wilder
- Is Idaho County squatchy?
- Bulldogs, Pirates go five sets
- Rams crush Timberline
Gonzaga University Concert Choir at Cottonwood, Sept. 2016
The Gonzaga University Concert Choir performed at the Monastery at St. Gertrude at Cottonwood on Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016. Here is an excerpt from that event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)