Wednesday, April 30, 2014
This fall, the Forest Service will be working on the Fenn Pond site along Selway Road No. 223 to improve the fishing there. Funding and assistance is being provided by Idaho Parks and Recreation (IDPR), Idaho Fish and Game and the Valley Cats Snowmobile and ATV Club.
“I’ve seen the letters to the editor about the pond’s condition and want folks to know that fixing Fenn Pond is absolutely on our radar,” Forest Service recreation manager, Heather Berg said.
The planned work includes: Replacing culverts, installing a sediment catchment, and deepening the pond to about 10-16 feet throughout; Replacing the boardwalk and piers around the pond; Planting a variety of shade trees and plants to reduce water temperatures.
The Forest submitted a $140,000 grant application to the IDPR to finance the boardwalk portion of the project.
“We won’t know whether IDPR approved our grant application until May,” Berg said. “I am hopeful the grant is approved and we can move forward with the boardwalk replacement this fall.”
The work is a Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Act (CFLRA) initiative.
Contact Berg at 926-6404.
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)