Wednesday, April 30, 2014
This fall, the Forest Service will be working on the Fenn Pond site along Selway Road No. 223 to improve the fishing there. Funding and assistance is being provided by Idaho Parks and Recreation (IDPR), Idaho Fish and Game and the Valley Cats Snowmobile and ATV Club.
“I’ve seen the letters to the editor about the pond’s condition and want folks to know that fixing Fenn Pond is absolutely on our radar,” Forest Service recreation manager, Heather Berg said.
The planned work includes: Replacing culverts, installing a sediment catchment, and deepening the pond to about 10-16 feet throughout; Replacing the boardwalk and piers around the pond; Planting a variety of shade trees and plants to reduce water temperatures.
The Forest submitted a $140,000 grant application to the IDPR to finance the boardwalk portion of the project.
“We won’t know whether IDPR approved our grant application until May,” Berg said. “I am hopeful the grant is approved and we can move forward with the boardwalk replacement this fall.”
The work is a Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Act (CFLRA) initiative.
Contact Berg at 926-6404.
More like this story
- Lt. Governor declares Idaho, Lewis counties in state of emergency
- Runoff from heavy rains fill pool at Jerry Johnson rec site
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Dispatch Log: ICSO, GPD, CPD
- CIAA celebrates founding member Eddie Olson
- Good legislative effort continues for sexual assault victims
- Salvage Idaho’s forest family
- Thanks to patrons for their levy ‘yes’ votes
- Where to find ‘big’ money? The FAIRtax
South Fork Clearwater Localized Steelhead Brood Stock Collection
Recording data of fish caught as part of the South Fork Clearwater Localized Steelhead Brood Stock Collection, an Idaho Department of Fish and Game program that supplies steelhead to hatcheries at the Clearwater and Dworshak national hatcheries from anglers who volunteer to turn over their catch. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)