Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Idaho County voters in five mail-out precincts can expect to see their ballots in their mailboxes shortly.
The Idaho County Elections Office will be sending ballots this Friday, April 25, to the Big Butte, Joseph, Lowell and Slate Creek 1 and 2 precincts. These five areas total 360 voters, which is 3.9 percent of Idaho County’s 9,307 total registered voters. To be counted, ballots need to be mailed in or hand-delivered to the elections office in Grangeville before or on the day of the primary election, May 20, by close of polls at 8 p.m.
What else to know about upcoming elections?
• Voter preregistration ends this Friday, April 25. After this date, prospective voters need to either register at the polls election day or at the Idaho County Courthouse and vote at that time.
• Are you affiliated to a political party? Only registered Republicans may vote in the Republican primary. For affiliated voters, it is too late to change affiliations to vote in the May 20 primary. However, unaffiliated voters can choose a party affiliation at the polls.
•The last day to request an absentee ballot is Wednesday, May14.
• Woodland precinct voters: Note the change of polling place starting this election will be the Woodland Friends Church, 1993 Woodland Road.
For election information, call 983-2751 or go online at www.idahocounty.org .
More like this story
- Salmon River on to state; Prairie, Grangeville face play-ins
- GHS ‘hungry’ as playoffs open
- Savages lock up Long Pin Conference title
- Sports...in brief
- Muddy Masterpiece
- Idaho’s Constitution Doesn’t Need HJR 5
- HJR 5 allows Legislature to keep killing bad regulations
- Hold Your State Government Accountable, Vote Yes on HJR 5
- Musick : Auctioning real estate is fast and effective
Grangeville Veterans Center Grand Opening, Oct, 15, 2016
The Veterans Outreach and Community Center in Grangeville held its grand opening ceremony last Saturday, Oct. 15, that featured refreshments and live music. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)