Wednesday, April 23, 2014
GRANGEVILLE – Inattentive driving was a factor in an April 13 rollover crash in which a Kamiah man was injured.
William J. Hartman, 23, was transported to Syringa Hospital in Grangeville where he was held overnight for treatment and released the following day.
The accident was reported at 2:09 a.m. on Lukes Gulch Road two miles north of Grangeville, according to an Idaho County Sheriff’s Office (ICSO) report. Hartman was driving a 1995 Jeep eastbound on Prairie Road when he put the vehicle into a 120-foot straight skid that took it into the intersection with Lukes Gulch Road. According to investigator, ICSO Deputy Chris Williams, the vehicle went across and off Lukes Gulch Road where it struck two fence posts and a power pole before overturning onto its side where Hartman was partially ejected.
It is unknown whether Hartman was wearing a seat belt.
More like this story
- Grangeville football squad’s trip to Boise a big hit
- Raspberry Festival 5K run set for Aug. 6
- Two-day Clearwater Region hunting, fishing expo scheduled this August
- Forming Up
- What to know about bull trout fishing
- Women’s flycasting course set
- Volleyball officiating job opportunity offered
- Wolf trapping courses offered
- Sports...in brief
Neighborhood Experts: St. Mary's Hospital and Clinics Occupational therapy
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)