Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Dolores G. Seubert opened the April 15 meeting of the Pioneer Senior Citizens with the Pledge of Allegiance. She also gave the dinner prayer. Guest this week was Alta Clark of Grangeville. There were 45 meals served with 19 takeouts. Dina Nuxoll won the free dinner.
Anna Gehring and Hilda Nuttman were this week’s joke tellers.
Hilda Nuttman won the nickel bingo pot while Alta Clark won the blackout. Door prizes were won by Dolores VonBargen, Alta Clark, Joanne Sonnen, Agnes Forsmann, Jim Beckman and Eileen Hazelbaker.
Menu for April 29: lasagna, tossed vegetable salad, pears, bread.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands