Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Dolores G. Seubert opened the April 15 meeting of the Pioneer Senior Citizens with the Pledge of Allegiance. She also gave the dinner prayer. Guest this week was Alta Clark of Grangeville. There were 45 meals served with 19 takeouts. Dina Nuxoll won the free dinner.
Anna Gehring and Hilda Nuttman were this week’s joke tellers.
Hilda Nuttman won the nickel bingo pot while Alta Clark won the blackout. Door prizes were won by Dolores VonBargen, Alta Clark, Joanne Sonnen, Agnes Forsmann, Jim Beckman and Eileen Hazelbaker.
Menu for April 29: lasagna, tossed vegetable salad, pears, bread.
More like this story
- IDL: Grangeville-area prescribed burn "highly successful"
- Call Log: Lewis County Sheriff
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Government: Idaho County Commission
- Outdoor classroom has been teaching kids for 30 years
- Area’s mining history to be discussed at Thursday program
- ‘Reading buddies’ meant to instill love of literacy
- Census shows Idaho County gain in 65 and older, 20-to-39 age groups
- District to decide $500,000 water revenue bond on Nov. 3
- Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest visitor surveys begin Oct. 1
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge