Wednesday, April 16, 2014
GRANGEVILLE – Suspended jail time and probation were ordered for a Grangeville man convicted this month in a witness intimidation incident.
At an April 7 hearing, Nathan J. Greig, 24, pleaded guilty to an amended misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace, and a felony charge of intimidation of a witness was dismissed. As part of the sentence ordered by Magistrage Judge Jeff Payne, Greig was ordered to serve 90 days in jail (with credit for 11 days served) and pay a total $320 in fines and court costs. Of this, Payne suspended 79 days of jail and placed Greig on probation for 12 months.
Greig was originally charged with two felony counts of intimidation of a witness following a March 27 incident in Grangeville. According to court records, Greig both verbally and by a Facebook text message threatened bodily harm to an individual he believed testified in criminal cases pending against two men, Peter J. Lujan and Anthony D. Ramirez, who were arrested March 4 in Grangeville on felony delivery of a controlled substance charges.
Lujan, 29, and Ramirez, 19, both are set for April 28 status conference hearings in District Court; Lujan is out on bond, and Ramirez is held in the Idaho County Jail.
More like this story
- Rockwell announces 2018 congressional run
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Bettie's Floor's & Decor
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Syringa Hospital Auxilary Thrift Shop
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: State Farm
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Hells Canyon Diesel Power
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Aqua Jet
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Klapprich Ag & Auto, Inc.
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Tackett's Saw Service
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Central Idaho Properties
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Baker Truck Service
GHS Varsity Blue Mah-Na Mah-Na March 21, 2017
Grangeville High School’s Varsity Blue Choir performs Piero Umilian’s “Mah-Na Mah-Na” at the March 21, 2017, concert, directed by Mr. Phillip Golde. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)