Wednesday, April 16, 2014
GRANGEVILLE — The community is invited to a fund-raising dinner Saturday, May 3, 6 p.m., at the Eagles Hall on North C Street.
“I’m cooking, and it will be an authentic Mexican meal,” smiled Yolanda Stout.
The Eagles Auxiliary is sponsoring the event to benefit Stout’s upcoming mission trip to Cambodia.
“I’ll be working to help rescue children from the sex trade,” Stout said. “I felt the call to do this almost four years ago and it is finally all coming together.”
Stout attends the Grangeville Gospel Tabernacle and will go on the trip through Joy International out of Colorado. All donations will run through the Eagles. Stout will leave Aug. 1 for two to three weeks.
“It can be very dangerous but I know I am protected by the Armor of God,” she stated.
Cost for the trip is about $4,500 which Stout must raise on her own.
“This community has been wonderful and has just poured out blessings to me,” Stout emphasized.
To donate toward the trip or to the auction that will take place the night of the benefit call 451-5531 or 983-2131. Cost for the dinner is $15 per person.
More like this story
- GHS cheerleading meeting, clinic set for June 7-8
- Lindsley throws All-America discus at NAIA championships
- F&G board to reconsider chinook fishing closures at June 2 meeting
- Grangeville accident briefly slows weekend travelers
- Lindsley raises C of I hammer throw record at NAIA national meet
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Syringa Hospital and Clinics
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Stark Plumbing
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Jonathan Rich Tree Care
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: CHS Primeland
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Norco
Neighborhood Experts: Bettie's Floors -- Carpet
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)