Wednesday, April 16, 2014
KOOSKIA/KAMIAH — Clearwater Valley High School girls softball team will be playing at Fenn Field near the Kooskia Elementary School on Tuesday, April 22, at 4 p.m. against Orofino; Thursday, April 24, at 4 p.m. against Kendrick; Friday, April 25, at 4:30 p.m. against Prairie; and on May 1, they will play Grangeville at 4 p.m. This is a mostly freshman team and surely needs your support. Come out and let the girls know how proud of them you are, and help make enough noise to get them inspired.
Then, come to the Kooskia Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays.. The recreational co-ed games will be held on Tuesday and Thursday from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Kooskia City Park. Games continue weekly through Labor Day. Come enjoy the fun whether you play or watch. Call Ruth Mohr at 926-7203.
Idaho County Recycling is sponsoring an “Earth Day Every Day.” Celebration on Friday, April 18. They will be set up on Main Street in Kooskia from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
May 10 is the date set for the Spring Book Sale at the Kooskia Community Library. Used books of all kinds, as well as CDs and DVDs will be available at bargain prices. If you have any books that you want to donate, they will gladly take them off your hands. Take them to the Kooskia Community Library during business hours. No magazines or VHS tapes. Book sale is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Kooskia Community Center. And speaking of libraries, we would all like to wish April Blankenship a hardy welcome as the manager of Kamiah Community Library.
In keeping with the library theme, Kamiah Elementary School will host a book fair on April 16-18 from 4-8 p.m.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)