Wednesday, April 16, 2014
KOOSKIA/KAMIAH — Clearwater Valley High School girls softball team will be playing at Fenn Field near the Kooskia Elementary School on Tuesday, April 22, at 4 p.m. against Orofino; Thursday, April 24, at 4 p.m. against Kendrick; Friday, April 25, at 4:30 p.m. against Prairie; and on May 1, they will play Grangeville at 4 p.m. This is a mostly freshman team and surely needs your support. Come out and let the girls know how proud of them you are, and help make enough noise to get them inspired.
Then, come to the Kooskia Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays.. The recreational co-ed games will be held on Tuesday and Thursday from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Kooskia City Park. Games continue weekly through Labor Day. Come enjoy the fun whether you play or watch. Call Ruth Mohr at 926-7203.
Idaho County Recycling is sponsoring an “Earth Day Every Day.” Celebration on Friday, April 18. They will be set up on Main Street in Kooskia from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
May 10 is the date set for the Spring Book Sale at the Kooskia Community Library. Used books of all kinds, as well as CDs and DVDs will be available at bargain prices. If you have any books that you want to donate, they will gladly take them off your hands. Take them to the Kooskia Community Library during business hours. No magazines or VHS tapes. Book sale is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Kooskia Community Center. And speaking of libraries, we would all like to wish April Blankenship a hardy welcome as the manager of Kamiah Community Library.
In keeping with the library theme, Kamiah Elementary School will host a book fair on April 16-18 from 4-8 p.m.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands