Wednesday, April 9, 2014
KEUTERVILLE – Charges are pending in Nez Perce County against a Keuterville man following a pursuit that ended west of Keuterville last week.
The Nez Perce County Sheriff’s Office (NPCSO) reported it would be seeking charges of felony eluding and driving without privileges against Lowell Enneking, 27, of Keuterville.
This action resulted from an April 1 incident, reported at 1 a.m., north of Culdesac on U.S. Highway 95 in which Enneking is alleged to have failed to yield to a NPCSO deputy for reckless driving. Enneking allegedly continued driving reckless into Lewis County and finally Idaho County where he crashed his Chevrolet pickup at the intersection of Hussman Mill and Sawmill roads.
Idaho County Sheriff’s Office recovered two firearms from the vehicle – a 20-gauge shotgun and a .223-caliber rifle – and officers from Lewis and Idaho counties and Idaho State Police responded to the suspect’s residence.
ICSO Dispatch contacted the suspect’s mother who said Enneking had fled the residence and was in an outbuilding. Due to the risk of escalating the incident into a hostage situation, according to an ICSO report, officers stood down and returned to the crash scene.
More like this story
- Brink blasts Bulldogs out of league title contention
- Training for the future: HOSA students fare well at annual state competition
- KHS kids all qualify for nationals
- Tar Wars Winner
- Student’s photo makes it to national competition
- Salmon River schools seek new community reader board
- Clearwater Valley students tour university
- Somewhere In Space
- Temous Fugit
- Dinner honors Syringa volunteers