Wednesday, April 9, 2014
KEUTERVILLE – Charges are pending in Nez Perce County against a Keuterville man following a pursuit that ended west of Keuterville last week.
The Nez Perce County Sheriff’s Office (NPCSO) reported it would be seeking charges of felony eluding and driving without privileges against Lowell Enneking, 27, of Keuterville.
This action resulted from an April 1 incident, reported at 1 a.m., north of Culdesac on U.S. Highway 95 in which Enneking is alleged to have failed to yield to a NPCSO deputy for reckless driving. Enneking allegedly continued driving reckless into Lewis County and finally Idaho County where he crashed his Chevrolet pickup at the intersection of Hussman Mill and Sawmill roads.
Idaho County Sheriff’s Office recovered two firearms from the vehicle – a 20-gauge shotgun and a .223-caliber rifle – and officers from Lewis and Idaho counties and Idaho State Police responded to the suspect’s residence.
ICSO Dispatch contacted the suspect’s mother who said Enneking had fled the residence and was in an outbuilding. Due to the risk of escalating the incident into a hostage situation, according to an ICSO report, officers stood down and returned to the crash scene.
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)