Wednesday, April 9, 2014
KEUTERVILLE – Charges are pending in Nez Perce County against a Keuterville man following a pursuit that ended west of Keuterville last week.
The Nez Perce County Sheriff’s Office (NPCSO) reported it would be seeking charges of felony eluding and driving without privileges against Lowell Enneking, 27, of Keuterville.
This action resulted from an April 1 incident, reported at 1 a.m., north of Culdesac on U.S. Highway 95 in which Enneking is alleged to have failed to yield to a NPCSO deputy for reckless driving. Enneking allegedly continued driving reckless into Lewis County and finally Idaho County where he crashed his Chevrolet pickup at the intersection of Hussman Mill and Sawmill roads.
Idaho County Sheriff’s Office recovered two firearms from the vehicle – a 20-gauge shotgun and a .223-caliber rifle – and officers from Lewis and Idaho counties and Idaho State Police responded to the suspect’s residence.
ICSO Dispatch contacted the suspect’s mother who said Enneking had fled the residence and was in an outbuilding. Due to the risk of escalating the incident into a hostage situation, according to an ICSO report, officers stood down and returned to the crash scene.
More like this story
- Taxiway closure starts Tuesday, July 25, at the Idaho County Airport
- New Bud's Powersports service writer enjoys Idaho's fishing and hunting
- Idaho County Light and Power giving back to its members
- Visit Fenn Ranger Station
- Get better deals than retail in an auction
- Three ways you can turn product into profit
- "It’s a family here" for Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation Housekeeping supervisor
- Floors are too important to ignore
- Information technology and healthcare work together
- You have our permission to enjoy your yard this week
Scorchy Makes A New Friend
Kooskia celebrated July 4 with activities, food and then fireworks at Clearwater Valley High School last Tuesday. The event was sponsored by Freedom Northwest Credit Union (FNCU). Here, FNCU mascot, Scorchy the Torch, holds a hand out to make a new friend with one of the kids who attended last week’s event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)