Wednesday, April 2, 2014
GRANGEVILLE — India is in the hearts and minds of more than one Grangeville church body.
Bob Helena will lead a team to Hope House Orphanage in Lonavale, India, April 5-18. Helena will be accompanied by his wife, Terri, as well as fellow Grangeville Church of the Nazarene member Cynthia Onthank and two others from Spokane and Meridian.
Helena has been part of a mission team for several years, making his first trip to India in 2008, and is on a board which has governed Hope House. The orphanage has 26 residents between the ages of 4 and 15 and a staff that includes a live-in pastor and his wife.
“This year we have several projects planned, but we’re flexible,” Helena said. “It ultimately has to be God’s plan.”
The team aspires to construct bunkbeds for the kids as well as complete some concrete work in the outdoor kitchen area. Landscaping is also under way to keep water from the foundation.
A vacation Bible school will be held in conjunction with the orphanage and remote villages and neighboring children. In addition, sewing kits will be given to local village women. It is also hoped a year’s supply of vitamins can be purchased and brought to Hope House.
“We want to put the hands and feet of Jesus into action,” Helena said.
To learn more call 983-1411 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)