Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Republicans to host financial classes
GRANGEVILLE — The Idaho County Republican Central Committee will sponsor Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University this fall.
FPU is a nine-week series of classes that teach God’s way of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents Biblical, practical steps to meet goals. This plan is designed to show participants how to get out of debt, manage money, spend and save wisely.
The preview session is set for Thursday, Oct. 3, 7 p.m., at Trinity Lutheran Church, 210 North Mill St., Grangeville. The first class will be held Oct. 10 and will continue through Dec. 12 (no meeting on Thanksgiving). Cost for the membership kit is $93 per family and is a lifetime membership. Once enrolled, members can go through the session again at any location for no extra cost.
To preview the class go to www.daveramsey.com/fpu/preview. To register go to www.daveramsey.com/fpu/locations/org/47578/class/242266 or call 983-4391.
Candy, prize donations sought for annual Halloween Trunk or Treat
GRANGEVILLE — Candy and prize donations are being accepted at the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office for the annual Halloween Trunk or Treat event, Oct. 31, Idaho County Courthouse parking lot in Grangeville.
The event (4-6 p.m.) is free to all Idaho County residents as a safe and unique way to “trick or treat” by going “trunk to trunk” in a family friendly, festive atmosphere, which is part of the community’s safe and sane Halloween program.
Sponsors are the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office in conjunction with Grangeville police and volunteer fire departments, and the Syringa Hospital ambulance crew.
Contact ICSO Dispatch, 983-1100.
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)