Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Oct. 4 deadline apply DEQ funds for sustainable materials management project
Application deadline is Oct. 4 for Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) funding to finance sustainable materials management projects.
Eligible to apply are local governments, solid waste districts, health districts, Indian tribes, public and private universities and colleges, and public and private non-profit institutions.
Sustainable materials management projects focus on ways to reduce the amount of resources used, as well as the environmental impacts of resource use, during a product’s life cycle. Examples of such projects include zero waste programs that reduce resource use, in-process recycling or reuse projects that focus on reducing solid waste generation, or disposal alternatives such as community recycling or composting projects.
The funding request can be for no more than $20,000. DEQ is particularly interested in funding projects that maximize the investment for the long-term benefit of the community.
Information and application forms are available on DEQ’s website – www.deq.idaho.gov – or through Idaho DEQ, Attn: Ben Jarvis, 1410 N. Hilton, Boise, ID 83706; Fax: (208) 373-0315; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
More like this story
- IDOC 'Red Shirt' crew jump-starts Orogrande Community Protection Project
- Bulldogs take the field for first-ever soccer match
- Public asked not to loiter near Gun Club Fire
- Gun Club Fire tops 1,000 acres; 20 percent contained
- CORRECTION: GEMS football, Grangeville Lions Youth Football start next week
- Don’t forget money for a burger at the fair
- UPDATE: Gun Club fire exceeds 750 acres; Type 2 IMT on the way
- Jakes Day Fun: 2016
- Second elk tags offered on discount until Sept. 1
- Fall hunter ed class starts soon
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)