Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Oct. 4 deadline apply DEQ funds for sustainable materials management project
Application deadline is Oct. 4 for Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) funding to finance sustainable materials management projects.
Eligible to apply are local governments, solid waste districts, health districts, Indian tribes, public and private universities and colleges, and public and private non-profit institutions.
Sustainable materials management projects focus on ways to reduce the amount of resources used, as well as the environmental impacts of resource use, during a product’s life cycle. Examples of such projects include zero waste programs that reduce resource use, in-process recycling or reuse projects that focus on reducing solid waste generation, or disposal alternatives such as community recycling or composting projects.
The funding request can be for no more than $20,000. DEQ is particularly interested in funding projects that maximize the investment for the long-term benefit of the community.
Information and application forms are available on DEQ’s website – www.deq.idaho.gov – or through Idaho DEQ, Attn: Ben Jarvis, 1410 N. Hilton, Boise, ID 83706; Fax: (208) 373-0315; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)