Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Oct. 4 deadline apply DEQ funds for sustainable materials management project
Application deadline is Oct. 4 for Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) funding to finance sustainable materials management projects.
Eligible to apply are local governments, solid waste districts, health districts, Indian tribes, public and private universities and colleges, and public and private non-profit institutions.
Sustainable materials management projects focus on ways to reduce the amount of resources used, as well as the environmental impacts of resource use, during a product’s life cycle. Examples of such projects include zero waste programs that reduce resource use, in-process recycling or reuse projects that focus on reducing solid waste generation, or disposal alternatives such as community recycling or composting projects.
The funding request can be for no more than $20,000. DEQ is particularly interested in funding projects that maximize the investment for the long-term benefit of the community.
Information and application forms are available on DEQ’s website – www.deq.idaho.gov – or through Idaho DEQ, Attn: Ben Jarvis, 1410 N. Hilton, Boise, ID 83706; Fax: (208) 373-0315; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
More like this story
- FRIDAY: Dixie-area Noble Fire forces evacuations in Cook Ranch, Mallard Creek
- THURSDAY: Fires have consumed 65,000 acres on USFS land so far
- WEDNESDAY: Tepee Springs fire puts Riggins, Pollock on notice
- Syringa still under threat of wildfire
- Summer is over
- Tempus Fugit: August 26, 2015
- Prairie ag ed program flourishing
- School, activities in session
- Awana starts Sept. 9
- Fires, evacuations are top news