Wednesday, October 23, 2013
LEWISTON — A crowd of about 400 turned out to honor the best athletes, coaches and teams, as named at the seventh annual Warrior Athletic Association’s high school awards banquet, held at the Lewis-Clark State College Activity Center last Wednesday night, Oct. 16.
Kevin Hill of Kamiah High School was honored as the “male athlete of the year.” Hill was a running back/safety on Kamiah’s undefeated football team, a guard on the Kubs’ basketball team (which he helped to the state championship game) and a champion individual sprinter in the 1A 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes.
“Coach of year” honors went to Walter “Skip” Hall, who led Grangeville’s boys basketball and baseball teams to state championships.
More like this story
- IDL: Grangeville-area prescribed burn "highly successful"
- Call Log: Lewis County Sheriff
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Government: Idaho County Commission
- Outdoor classroom has been teaching kids for 30 years
- Area’s mining history to be discussed at Thursday program
- ‘Reading buddies’ meant to instill love of literacy
- Census shows Idaho County gain in 65 and older, 20-to-39 age groups
- District to decide $500,000 water revenue bond on Nov. 3
- Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest visitor surveys begin Oct. 1
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge