Wednesday, October 23, 2013
LEWISTON — A crowd of about 400 turned out to honor the best athletes, coaches and teams, as named at the seventh annual Warrior Athletic Association’s high school awards banquet, held at the Lewis-Clark State College Activity Center last Wednesday night, Oct. 16.
Kevin Hill of Kamiah High School was honored as the “male athlete of the year.” Hill was a running back/safety on Kamiah’s undefeated football team, a guard on the Kubs’ basketball team (which he helped to the state championship game) and a champion individual sprinter in the 1A 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes.
“Coach of year” honors went to Walter “Skip” Hall, who led Grangeville’s boys basketball and baseball teams to state championships.
More like this story
- IDOC 'Red Shirt' crew jump-starts Orogrande Community Protection Project
- Bulldogs take the field for first-ever soccer match
- Public asked not to loiter near Gun Club Fire
- Gun Club Fire tops 1,000 acres; 20 percent contained
- CORRECTION: GEMS football, Grangeville Lions Youth Football start next week
- Don’t forget money for a burger at the fair
- UPDATE: Gun Club fire exceeds 750 acres; Type 2 IMT on the way
- Jakes Day Fun: 2016
- Second elk tags offered on discount until Sept. 1
- Fall hunter ed class starts soon
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)