Wednesday, October 23, 2013
LEWISTON — A crowd of about 400 turned out to honor the best athletes, coaches and teams, as named at the seventh annual Warrior Athletic Association’s high school awards banquet, held at the Lewis-Clark State College Activity Center last Wednesday night, Oct. 16.
Kevin Hill of Kamiah High School was honored as the “male athlete of the year.” Hill was a running back/safety on Kamiah’s undefeated football team, a guard on the Kubs’ basketball team (which he helped to the state championship game) and a champion individual sprinter in the 1A 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes.
“Coach of year” honors went to Walter “Skip” Hall, who led Grangeville’s boys basketball and baseball teams to state championships.
More like this story
- Training for the future: HOSA students fare well at annual state competition
- KHS kids all qualify for nationals
- Tar Wars Winner
- Student’s photo makes it to national competition
- Salmon River schools seek new community reader board
- Clearwater Valley students tour university
- Somewhere In Space
- Temous Fugit
- Dinner honors Syringa volunteers
- Riggins News: Eggebrecht is EMS director