Wednesday, October 23, 2013
LEWISTON — A crowd of about 400 turned out to honor the best athletes, coaches and teams, as named at the seventh annual Warrior Athletic Association’s high school awards banquet, held at the Lewis-Clark State College Activity Center last Wednesday night, Oct. 16.
Kevin Hill of Kamiah High School was honored as the “male athlete of the year.” Hill was a running back/safety on Kamiah’s undefeated football team, a guard on the Kubs’ basketball team (which he helped to the state championship game) and a champion individual sprinter in the 1A 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes.
“Coach of year” honors went to Walter “Skip” Hall, who led Grangeville’s boys basketball and baseball teams to state championships.
More like this story
- Steelhead anglers catching fish at a three-hour clip
- Hunters asked to report by phone; Internet reporting system remains offline after hack
- CV's District Titleist
- Frei reflects on senior season
- Rams stumble as Whitepine League playoff picture comes into focus
- District champion Savages headed to Bonneville; Pirates run through play-ins, en route to Rigby
- Vengeance a factor as GHS returns to McCall
- Grangeville’s season ends at play-in
- IDFG urges cautious driving after school bus hits cow elk down south
Grangeville Veterans Center Grand Opening, Oct, 15, 2016
The Veterans Outreach and Community Center in Grangeville held its grand opening ceremony last Saturday, Oct. 15, that featured refreshments and live music. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)