Wednesday, October 23, 2013
LEWISTON — A crowd of about 400 turned out to honor the best athletes, coaches and teams, as named at the seventh annual Warrior Athletic Association’s high school awards banquet, held at the Lewis-Clark State College Activity Center last Wednesday night, Oct. 16.
Kevin Hill of Kamiah High School was honored as the “male athlete of the year.” Hill was a running back/safety on Kamiah’s undefeated football team, a guard on the Kubs’ basketball team (which he helped to the state championship game) and a champion individual sprinter in the 1A 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes.
“Coach of year” honors went to Walter “Skip” Hall, who led Grangeville’s boys basketball and baseball teams to state championships.
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)