Wednesday, October 23, 2013
LEWISTON — A crowd of about 400 turned out to honor the best athletes, coaches and teams, as named at the seventh annual Warrior Athletic Association’s high school awards banquet, held at the Lewis-Clark State College Activity Center last Wednesday night, Oct. 16.
Kevin Hill of Kamiah High School was honored as the “male athlete of the year.” Hill was a running back/safety on Kamiah’s undefeated football team, a guard on the Kubs’ basketball team (which he helped to the state championship game) and a champion individual sprinter in the 1A 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes.
“Coach of year” honors went to Walter “Skip” Hall, who led Grangeville’s boys basketball and baseball teams to state championships.
More like this story
- Two men killed in rollover accident
- THURSDAY: Grangeville girls to play for district title
- WEDNESDAY: Savages to host key league game
- Full service ortho available in Grangeville
- It's Your Business: Partsway to host high school tech night
- Pine tree hosts 60th annual meeting
- WHITE BIRD NEWS: Fireman’s ball set for this Saturday
- Quilts of Valor
- ELK CITY NEWS: Dumpster plans under way for town
- RIGGINS NEWS: Areona’s magnets available
Fly fishing clinic
Rae Brothers sporting goods hosts steel head flyfishing clinic with Mark Imus Jan. 30, 2016. Enlarge