Wednesday, October 23, 2013
LEWISTON — A crowd of about 400 turned out to honor the best athletes, coaches and teams, as named at the seventh annual Warrior Athletic Association’s high school awards banquet, held at the Lewis-Clark State College Activity Center last Wednesday night, Oct. 16.
Kevin Hill of Kamiah High School was honored as the “male athlete of the year.” Hill was a running back/safety on Kamiah’s undefeated football team, a guard on the Kubs’ basketball team (which he helped to the state championship game) and a champion individual sprinter in the 1A 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes.
“Coach of year” honors went to Walter “Skip” Hall, who led Grangeville’s boys basketball and baseball teams to state championships.
More like this story
- Probert: J-Bar fire salvage project decision to be withdrawn
- Tempus Fugit - May 25, 2016
- Irene L. Schaffer, 89
- Roy T. Siggers, 77
- Jim Tuning, 74
- Riggins News: Graduation set for this Friday night
- Elk City: Taco feed to help fund ECVFD
- Kooskia / Kamiah News: Long Camp car show to be held on June 4
- Cottonwood News: Memorial Day services set for Ferdinand, Keuterville
- Marimba Madness