Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Cottonwood On its home floor, Troy got the better of Prairie during the Pirates season opener — but that was six weeks ago. During the rematch last Saturday, Oct. 12, PHS rocked the Trojans straight sets (25-23, 25-23, 25-17), vaulting the Pirates into second place in the Whitepine League.
Heavy hitter Krystin Uhlenkott racked up 20 kills — more than six per game — along with 10 digs.
Coming — Prairie (19-5, 9-2) played Kamiah (2-14, 1-8) after the print deadline on Oct. 15, and will play at Grangeville on Thursday, Oct. 17.
Should Prairie hold on to the No. 2 seed, the Pirates’ district tournament run would begin at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 21, at LCSC.
Kamiah and Clearwater Valley will meet at LCSC for a play-in match at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 19, with the winner to play the No. 2 seed.
More like this story
- Fish and Game Commission approves new fishing rules for 2016-18
- Main Street Lights
- Oh, deer! Girls help young animal in distress
- Hunting camps report ‘good luck’
- Savages on way to play-offs; Footballers play in Kibbie Dome Nov. 21
- Tempus Fugit
- Birth: Zachary Amos Robledo
- Birth: MicKenna Marri-Ann Wingfield
- Birth: Nya Larae Medley
- Recycling centers in Grangeville, Cottonwood closed for holiday weekends