Wednesday, October 16, 2013
I take issue with Penny Stuivenga [Oct. 2 issue] who blames the unsightly dumpsters on those paying to use them. Sorry, the transfer station is much too far away from us living in the Mt. Idaho area, Cove Rd. and beyond. At nearly $4 a gallon for gas folks cannot afford to haul from here when we were very used to taking all debris to Walco. The commissioners did a huge disservice to us. We pay $200 a year to haul trash to Fairview. We’re expected to keep property cleared for fire prevention and used to haul truckloads of deadfall and pruned branches to the Walco site. No more.
We miss the convenience and service of Walco with larger dumpsters, more of them, and the well-run transfer station. You get what you pay for and these overloaded dumpsters are not going away. I agree with Rick; they’re a disgrace, but this eyesore will remain until Simmons finds a solution.
More like this story
- Grangeville thumps McCall
- Prairie sweeps 'Shootout'
- Bulldogs smoke McCall
- Significant weather event may start Saturday night
- Savages split Orofino double-header
- Court Records: District/magistrate
- Dispatch Log: ICSO, GPD, CPD
- Organization news
- New home dedicated to fire victims
- Investigation continuing into Friday two-vehicle collision on Highway 95
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)