Wednesday, October 16, 2013
I take issue with Penny Stuivenga [Oct. 2 issue] who blames the unsightly dumpsters on those paying to use them. Sorry, the transfer station is much too far away from us living in the Mt. Idaho area, Cove Rd. and beyond. At nearly $4 a gallon for gas folks cannot afford to haul from here when we were very used to taking all debris to Walco. The commissioners did a huge disservice to us. We pay $200 a year to haul trash to Fairview. We’re expected to keep property cleared for fire prevention and used to haul truckloads of deadfall and pruned branches to the Walco site. No more.
We miss the convenience and service of Walco with larger dumpsters, more of them, and the well-run transfer station. You get what you pay for and these overloaded dumpsters are not going away. I agree with Rick; they’re a disgrace, but this eyesore will remain until Simmons finds a solution.
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)