Wednesday, October 16, 2013
I take issue with Penny Stuivenga [Oct. 2 issue] who blames the unsightly dumpsters on those paying to use them. Sorry, the transfer station is much too far away from us living in the Mt. Idaho area, Cove Rd. and beyond. At nearly $4 a gallon for gas folks cannot afford to haul from here when we were very used to taking all debris to Walco. The commissioners did a huge disservice to us. We pay $200 a year to haul trash to Fairview. We’re expected to keep property cleared for fire prevention and used to haul truckloads of deadfall and pruned branches to the Walco site. No more.
We miss the convenience and service of Walco with larger dumpsters, more of them, and the well-run transfer station. You get what you pay for and these overloaded dumpsters are not going away. I agree with Rick; they’re a disgrace, but this eyesore will remain until Simmons finds a solution.
More like this story
- Harvests In View
- All wheat, barley, oats stocks stored in Idaho up
- Northwest FCS market Snapshots show strong crops, varied returns
- NASS reporting wheat, barley oats production on July 1 conditions
- Farm Credit Services a helping hand to area farmers, ranchers
- 94 Grangeville swimmers set to compete Saturday
- Harris heading to Jamestown on QB scholarship
- Second deer tags will sell for full price this year
- Sports...in brief
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)