Wednesday, October 16, 2013
I take issue with Penny Stuivenga [Oct. 2 issue] who blames the unsightly dumpsters on those paying to use them. Sorry, the transfer station is much too far away from us living in the Mt. Idaho area, Cove Rd. and beyond. At nearly $4 a gallon for gas folks cannot afford to haul from here when we were very used to taking all debris to Walco. The commissioners did a huge disservice to us. We pay $200 a year to haul trash to Fairview. We’re expected to keep property cleared for fire prevention and used to haul truckloads of deadfall and pruned branches to the Walco site. No more.
We miss the convenience and service of Walco with larger dumpsters, more of them, and the well-run transfer station. You get what you pay for and these overloaded dumpsters are not going away. I agree with Rick; they’re a disgrace, but this eyesore will remain until Simmons finds a solution.
More like this story
- Recalled: Labor Day
- Wildfire study grant wasted to reinvent wheel
- GROW healthy kids, communities
- Social Security’s gun grab must stop
- USFS ‘let burn’ policy is for the birds
- Lacking to put fires out is common sense
- Many worked hard to ensure public safety
- Back To School At CV
- Tempus Fugit: September 2, 2015
- Medical relief fund-raiser is Sept. 26