Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Kamiah KAMIAH, ID – A special board meeting at Kamiah Joint School District No. 304 has been called for today, Wednesday, Oct. 9, regarding the administration's recommendation to discharge a certificated employee.
The session is open to the public and be held at Kamiah High School at 5:30 p.m., followed by an executive session to discuss personnel issues.
Students at KHS made it known last week the person in question is new Kamiah High School Principal Veneice Guillory-Lacy, 33, who was put on administrative leave Sept. 25. School officials will not comment on why she was placed on leave, citing personnel issues.
Last Friday, Sept. 27, about two dozen KHS students staged a walk-out in support of the principal. The students walked into a presentation at the Nez Perce Tribe General Council meeting at the Wa-A-Yas Community Center to support Guillory-Lacy, who is a descendant of the Nez Perce Tribe and grew up in Lapwai.
Kamiah School District Superintendent Fred Mercer confirmed Guillory-Lacy was put on paid administrative leave following a decision by the Kamiah School Board.
Guillory-Lacy is being represented by Jennifer B. Douglass of Filicetti Law Office, P.A., out of Boise.
More like this story
- Nez Perce Tribe grant helps fund area school programs, counselor at CVES
- No suspects in Tuesday morning KHS bomb threat
- Public scoping meetings Jan. 13-14 on tribe PEIS
- Kamiah public meeting is Sept. 22 for NPNH Trail revision
- Comment sought at Dec. 14 Nez Perce General Council Resolutions Committee meeting
- FRIDAY: Salmon River works over Sho-Ban
- Ferdinand workshop set Feb. 9 on soil health
- THURSDAY: Grangeville girls' regular season wraps up
- Grangeville Senior Fun Night Raffle Winners 2016
- Burglary suspect arrested at storage units
- WEDNESDAY: Grangeville to host CIL wrestlers
- TUESDAY: GHS tops Orofino
- Girls basketball tournaments set
- Presidents Day Weekend snow jamboree slated
- Groups seek grant to add ADA accessibility to Elk City’s new motorized recreation trailhead