Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Kooskia Felony firearm assault charges are pending against an 11-year-old Kooskia boy following a handgun discharge incident last Thursday, Oct. 3.
No injuries were reported.
The unidentified juvenile is currently held in the Lewiston juvenile detention facility. According to the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office, the boy was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of arms against another without injury, and grand theft of a firearm.
The incident was reported in east Kooskia at 12:38 p.m., according to ICSO, by an unidentified 9-year-old male witness who reported the suspect had threatened him with a firearm.
According to investigation by ICSO Deputy Jon Tibbets, the suspect and several juveniles were by the dike at the river when the suspect advised he had a gun and produced a .22 revolver. The suspect then fired several shots into a nearby rock and then fired a round near the feet of an 8-year-old female juvenile.
Following this, the suspect’s brother took the gun away from him.
More like this story
- SATURDAY: stranded rafters escorted down from French Creek
- FRIDAY: Dixie-area Noble Fire forces evacuations in Cook Ranch, Mallard Creek
- THURSDAY: Fires have consumed 65,000 acres on USFS land so far
- WEDNESDAY: Tepee Springs fire puts Riggins, Pollock on notice
- Syringa still under threat of wildfire
- Summer is over
- Tempus Fugit: August 26, 2015
- Prairie ag ed program flourishing
- School, activities in session
- Awana starts Sept. 9