Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Kooskia Felony firearm assault charges are pending against an 11-year-old Kooskia boy following a handgun discharge incident last Thursday, Oct. 3.
No injuries were reported.
The unidentified juvenile is currently held in the Lewiston juvenile detention facility. According to the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office, the boy was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of arms against another without injury, and grand theft of a firearm.
The incident was reported in east Kooskia at 12:38 p.m., according to ICSO, by an unidentified 9-year-old male witness who reported the suspect had threatened him with a firearm.
According to investigation by ICSO Deputy Jon Tibbets, the suspect and several juveniles were by the dike at the river when the suspect advised he had a gun and produced a .22 revolver. The suspect then fired several shots into a nearby rock and then fired a round near the feet of an 8-year-old female juvenile.
Following this, the suspect’s brother took the gun away from him.
More like this story
- Chief Lookingglass Pow-Wow is this weekend Event rescheduled from earlier date
- Idaho to add new area code
- Last week for pie at Syringa Cafe
- County authorized for CRP haying, grazing use
- Through the fire: A dome of protection
- Life Chain
- Faith Briefs
- GHS press box expanded: Ruhnke’s senior project praised
- Genesee 60, Clearwater Valley 20: Kick coverage costs Clearwater Valley
- 1AD2 football Council falls, Savages grab league lead
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge