Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Kooskia Felony firearm assault charges are pending against an 11-year-old Kooskia boy following a handgun discharge incident last Thursday, Oct. 3.
No injuries were reported.
The unidentified juvenile is currently held in the Lewiston juvenile detention facility. According to the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office, the boy was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of arms against another without injury, and grand theft of a firearm.
The incident was reported in east Kooskia at 12:38 p.m., according to ICSO, by an unidentified 9-year-old male witness who reported the suspect had threatened him with a firearm.
According to investigation by ICSO Deputy Jon Tibbets, the suspect and several juveniles were by the dike at the river when the suspect advised he had a gun and produced a .22 revolver. The suspect then fired several shots into a nearby rock and then fired a round near the feet of an 8-year-old female juvenile.
Following this, the suspect’s brother took the gun away from him.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands