Wednesday, October 2, 2013
ALACCA ladies retreat set for Oct. 4-6
HARPSTER -- The ALACCA Bible Camp Ladies Retreat is set for Oct. 4-6. Check-in from 5-6 p.m. Oct. 4 and will end following lunch Oct. 6.
This year’s speaker is Stephanie Jordan. She has led the Women's and Children's ministries for the past 20 years at Grangeville Christian Church. She is the mother of four and grandmother of three with one on the way. Her Bible messages will be based on the camp theme "New Beginnings.”
To attend, online registration is available at ALACCA.org. Young ladies 12 and older are welcome attend under the supervision of an adult. The cost per person is $50. There are lodge rooms available upon request for those who would have difficulty getting to a cabin. Those in cabins will need to bring bedding, a pillow, towels and personal items. Call Kim Wolfe at 983-1188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Life Chain Sunday set for Oct. 6
Sunday, Oct. 6, 2 p.m., a gathering will take place in Grangeville’s Heritage Square and Kamiah’s Riverfront Park where those interested will come together as part of a nationwide effort to stand against abortion. Throughout the United States and Canada this day, millions will line the streets of their communities for National Life Chain Sunday to give a voice to those babies who have been aborted.
All churches and any individuals of any denomination are invited to join in this one hour silent, peaceful protest and prayer vigil (2:30 to 3:30 p.m.). Main streets in both Grangeville and Kamiah will be lined with people to honor this event.
For questions call Angela Riener at 451-4715 in Grangeville or Wes or Tammy Olson in Kamiah at 935-7898.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)