Wednesday, November 27, 2013
ORONDO OROFINO — The Clearwater National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) is now available free-of-charge at all Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest offices. Details and maps are available for download online:
The MVUM is a legal document that displays routes designated for motorized use on every single square mile of Clearwater National Forest territory. If a route is not displayed on the MVUM, it is not open for motorized vehicle travel.
Motor vehicle use maps will be re-published annually; if there are changes made mid-year, they will appear on the updated MVUM. It’s up to forest users to keep up with the changes, as the MVUM becomes enforceable when published.
Users cannot depend upon signs to determine the status of routes. This was announced in a Nov. 20 press release.
Motorized uses — including snow machines and bicycles — are prohibited in recommended wilderness areas. Restrictions apply to backcountry motorcycle users in areas protected for fish and wildlife.
Contact your local Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests’ office for information.
More like this story
- Clear Creek Fire 100 percent contained at 457 acres
- Clear Creek fire estimated at 300 acres this morning; 100 on it today
- Private land struck by wildfire; IDL battling season's first significant fire
- Parks to join College of Idaho defensive backfield
- Football opportunity takes Lindsley to C. of I.
- Summer Days Are Fleeting
- Commission to meet Aug. 8 at Boise HQ
- Unbought controlled hunt tags slated for late-August drawing
- Austad is new Ida-Lew ED specialist
Downpour in Grangeville soaks Main Street
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)