Wednesday, November 27, 2013
ORONDO OROFINO — The Clearwater National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) is now available free-of-charge at all Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest offices. Details and maps are available for download online:
The MVUM is a legal document that displays routes designated for motorized use on every single square mile of Clearwater National Forest territory. If a route is not displayed on the MVUM, it is not open for motorized vehicle travel.
Motor vehicle use maps will be re-published annually; if there are changes made mid-year, they will appear on the updated MVUM. It’s up to forest users to keep up with the changes, as the MVUM becomes enforceable when published.
Users cannot depend upon signs to determine the status of routes. This was announced in a Nov. 20 press release.
Motorized uses — including snow machines and bicycles — are prohibited in recommended wilderness areas. Restrictions apply to backcountry motorcycle users in areas protected for fish and wildlife.
Contact your local Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests’ office for information.
More like this story
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
- Elk City News: General Store is library drop-off
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)