Wednesday, November 27, 2013
ORONDO OROFINO — The Clearwater National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) is now available free-of-charge at all Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest offices. Details and maps are available for download online:
The MVUM is a legal document that displays routes designated for motorized use on every single square mile of Clearwater National Forest territory. If a route is not displayed on the MVUM, it is not open for motorized vehicle travel.
Motor vehicle use maps will be re-published annually; if there are changes made mid-year, they will appear on the updated MVUM. It’s up to forest users to keep up with the changes, as the MVUM becomes enforceable when published.
Users cannot depend upon signs to determine the status of routes. This was announced in a Nov. 20 press release.
Motorized uses — including snow machines and bicycles — are prohibited in recommended wilderness areas. Restrictions apply to backcountry motorcycle users in areas protected for fish and wildlife.
Contact your local Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests’ office for information.
More like this story
- Kids Klub plans next move after Idaho County Commission fails to support block grant
- William ‘Bill’ Wheeler, 66
- Ima Fae Kurts, 83
- Tempus Fugit
- Riggins Rodeo Royalty: Farris, Diaz will promote event as queen, princess
- Cottonwood News: Next health walk is May 7 in Cottonwood
- Riggins News: 68th rodeo set for this weekend
- Elk City: Dixie to honor service members May 29
- CVES kids learn water safety
- Kamiah library offers free books to kids registering for kindergarten