Wednesday, November 27, 2013
ORONDO OROFINO — The Clearwater National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) is now available free-of-charge at all Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest offices. Details and maps are available for download online:
The MVUM is a legal document that displays routes designated for motorized use on every single square mile of Clearwater National Forest territory. If a route is not displayed on the MVUM, it is not open for motorized vehicle travel.
Motor vehicle use maps will be re-published annually; if there are changes made mid-year, they will appear on the updated MVUM. It’s up to forest users to keep up with the changes, as the MVUM becomes enforceable when published.
Users cannot depend upon signs to determine the status of routes. This was announced in a Nov. 20 press release.
Motorized uses — including snow machines and bicycles — are prohibited in recommended wilderness areas. Restrictions apply to backcountry motorcycle users in areas protected for fish and wildlife.
Contact your local Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests’ office for information.
More like this story
- GHS cheerleading meeting, clinic set for June 7-8
- Lindsley throws All-America discus at NAIA championships
- F&G board to reconsider chinook fishing closures at June 2 meeting
- Grangeville accident briefly slows weekend travelers
- Lindsley raises C of I hammer throw record at NAIA national meet
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Syringa Hospital and Clinics
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Stark Plumbing
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Jonathan Rich Tree Care
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: CHS Primeland
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Norco
Neighborhood Experts: Bettie's Floors -- Carpet
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)