Wednesday, November 27, 2013
ORONDO OROFINO — The Clearwater National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) is now available free-of-charge at all Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest offices. Details and maps are available for download online:
The MVUM is a legal document that displays routes designated for motorized use on every single square mile of Clearwater National Forest territory. If a route is not displayed on the MVUM, it is not open for motorized vehicle travel.
Motor vehicle use maps will be re-published annually; if there are changes made mid-year, they will appear on the updated MVUM. It’s up to forest users to keep up with the changes, as the MVUM becomes enforceable when published.
Users cannot depend upon signs to determine the status of routes. This was announced in a Nov. 20 press release.
Motorized uses — including snow machines and bicycles — are prohibited in recommended wilderness areas. Restrictions apply to backcountry motorcycle users in areas protected for fish and wildlife.
Contact your local Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests’ office for information.
More like this story
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)