Originally published November 7, 2013 at 04:18p.m., updated November 8, 2013 at 02:42p.m.
Winchester LCSO Sheriff Brian Brokop released the following update:
On Thursday, Nov. 7th, at approximately 3:48 pm the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office sent out a press release regarding allegations of possible voter irregularities which may have occurred during Tuesday’s election in the City of Winchester. No names or other detailed information has been released. If any information has been made public by the news media then it did not come from this office and should be construed as unconfirmed and as possibly incorrect until the official investigation proves it otherwise.
Investigation has been started by the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) regarding alleged voter irregularities with the Winchester voting precinct, according to a Lewis County press release.
LCSO received a report Wednesday, Nov. 6, regarding the allegations, and Sheriff Brian Brokop opened an investigation. To avoid a potential conflict of interest or questions of bias or favoritism, an as-yet unnamed independent outside agency has been brought in by Brokop to conduct the investigation. Elections were held Tuesday, Nov. 5.
No further information is available at this time.
More like this story
- WEDNESDAY: Savages to host key league game
- Full service ortho available in Grangeville
- It's Your Business: Partsway to host high school tech night
- Pine tree hosts 60th annual meeting
- WHITE BIRD NEWS: Fireman’s ball set for this Saturday
- Quilts of Valor
- ELK CITY NEWS: Dumpster plans under way for town
- RIGGINS NEWS: Areona’s magnets available
- COTTONWOOD NEWS: Benefit purse auction set for March 5
- TEMPUS FUGIT
Fly fishing clinic
Rae Brothers sporting goods hosts steel head flyfishing clinic with Mark Imus Jan. 30, 2016. Enlarge