Originally published November 7, 2013 at 04:18p.m., updated November 8, 2013 at 02:42p.m.
Winchester LCSO Sheriff Brian Brokop released the following update:
On Thursday, Nov. 7th, at approximately 3:48 pm the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office sent out a press release regarding allegations of possible voter irregularities which may have occurred during Tuesday’s election in the City of Winchester. No names or other detailed information has been released. If any information has been made public by the news media then it did not come from this office and should be construed as unconfirmed and as possibly incorrect until the official investigation proves it otherwise.
Investigation has been started by the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) regarding alleged voter irregularities with the Winchester voting precinct, according to a Lewis County press release.
LCSO received a report Wednesday, Nov. 6, regarding the allegations, and Sheriff Brian Brokop opened an investigation. To avoid a potential conflict of interest or questions of bias or favoritism, an as-yet unnamed independent outside agency has been brought in by Brokop to conduct the investigation. Elections were held Tuesday, Nov. 5.
No further information is available at this time.
More like this story
- Snow, rain system Wednesday may cause problems
- Lewis County welcomes, says thanks
- Stenzel joins Central Idaho Properties
- Nez Perce Clearwater NF names Rogers as new safety officer
- Food Bank Donation
- It's Your Business: Dr. Lane, Camas Prairie Eye Clinic make move
- NICI inmates hand out presents
- Clearwater Valley News: Clearwater meal site serves lunch twice a month
- Elk City News: Elk herd feeds alongside horses
- Riggins News: Little Salmon River sees ice pilings up to 15 inches thick
RAMPAGE: Pfefferkorn shoots for the win at the end of regulation
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)