Originally published November 7, 2013 at 04:18p.m., updated November 8, 2013 at 02:42p.m.
Winchester LCSO Sheriff Brian Brokop released the following update:
On Thursday, Nov. 7th, at approximately 3:48 pm the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office sent out a press release regarding allegations of possible voter irregularities which may have occurred during Tuesday’s election in the City of Winchester. No names or other detailed information has been released. If any information has been made public by the news media then it did not come from this office and should be construed as unconfirmed and as possibly incorrect until the official investigation proves it otherwise.
Investigation has been started by the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) regarding alleged voter irregularities with the Winchester voting precinct, according to a Lewis County press release.
LCSO received a report Wednesday, Nov. 6, regarding the allegations, and Sheriff Brian Brokop opened an investigation. To avoid a potential conflict of interest or questions of bias or favoritism, an as-yet unnamed independent outside agency has been brought in by Brokop to conduct the investigation. Elections were held Tuesday, Nov. 5.
No further information is available at this time.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)