Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Grangeville Do you have tweens or teens? The Hope Center is sponsoring a free three-week workshop series in November for parents and guardians of teenagers and pre-teens.
The series is called Running the Rapids: Guiding Teenagers through the Turbulent Waters of Adolescence. It will be held on three successive Sundays. This began Nov. 3 and will continue Nov. 10 and 17, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., at the Soltman Center on Main Street in Grangeville (across from Syringa Hospital).
The video series features Dr. Kevin Leman, internationally-known psychologist, family counselor, author and speaker who has appeared on The View, Today, Oprah, The Early Show, CNN, Fox & Friends, Good Morning America, and more.
Refreshments will be provided. To register, call Nancy Connolley at 507-1253 or 983-0093, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Advance registration is required to ensure enough handouts.
More like this story
- Minor injuries result from Nov. 20 three-vehicle crash at US 95 intersection
- Tribe health center awarded half-million USDA grant
- Dec. 3 hearing set for comment on 129,000-pound truck route applications
- Council to review helicopter ordinance for change, passage at Dec. 7 meeting
- Alcohol a suspected factor in Nov. 18 crash
- Running against the wind
- We’re a great county, good people
- Support exchange; get local work force back into woods to harvest
- Morality of nation dropped so low Hillary has chance to be president
- Opposed to state taking over and selling off our public lands