Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Convicted with his brother for a 1983 double-murder in Idaho County, Bryan S. Lankford, 55, is poised to be released from prison in five years.
The Idaho Commission on Pardons and Parole made the decision at Lankford’s parole hearing last month. Lankford is scheduled to be released from Idaho Maximum Security Institution in Boise on Oct. 24, 2018.
However, according to a Lewiston Tribune story, the commission’s decision is not yet final, pending a review in either a full hearing or a deliberation.
Bryan, along with his brother, Mark H. Lankford, was convicted for the 1983 murders of Arizona couple Marine Capt. Robert and Cheryl Bravence at a campsite near Santiam Creek. The pair were first convicted and sentenced to death in 1984; Bryan’s sentence was later reduced to life in prison. Mark’s case went through appeal in state and U.S courts before being thrown out by the 9th Circuit and retried in 2008 when he was found guilty of two-counts of first-degree murder and sentenced to back-to-back terms of life without parole.
Mark, now 57, is currently appealing his 2008 sentence on matters of law and allegations of witness intimidation by the prosecution.
More like this story
- Solar eclipse: Protect your eyes with proper solar filters
- Lush green grass:Lawn sprinkling systems help
- Athletes and injuries: Routine adjustment can help
- From volunteers to employees: Grangeville Health and Rehabilitation is a way of life for local Farris twins
- H.R. 3144 protects salmon and affordable hydro power
- Majestic vistas: Take in view of Seven Devils
- Online auctions: Internet marketing can work for you
- Controlling your message: Who are you again?
- Hitting the “dusty” trail: Dry weather can cause debris to clog air filters
- St. Mary’s nurses: Everyday heroes in the health care field making a difference
Neighborhood Experts: Gobidtoday.com
Gobidtoday is your local source for competitively priced goods. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)