Monday, December 30, 2013
GRANGEVILLE – Anger isn’t a crime, but reckless driving is. And a reportedly frustrated Grangeville woman was arrested last week after crashing a pickup into two houses on Cunningham Street.
Charges were pending as of early deadline last Friday against Ashlie Matamalaki, 29.
Information was limited due to the ongoing investigation by the Grangeville Police Department. The incident was reported last Thursday, Dec. 26, 6:22 p.m., 400 block of Cunningham Street. According to GPD Officer Wes Walters, Matamalaki has been in a fight with her boyfriend and allegedly “drove off recklessly” in a 1989 GMC pickup. Less than a block she drove the westbound pickup off the road, struck a tree and into the corner of the Yvonne Adkison residence, and through a wood fence into the adjacent vacant property where the pickup took out a portion of a carport.
Matamalaki was not injured in the crash, narrowly escaping being hit by a 4 by 4 post that punched through the windshield. She was taken into custody after evaluation by Syringa Ambulance EMTs. Substantial damage was reported to both residential properties; however, no dollar amounts were available. GPD Officer Paul Orgish is investigating the crash. Assistance was provided by Idaho County Sheriff’s Deputy Gideon Roberts.
More like this story
- Steelhead anglers catching fish at a three-hour clip
- Hunters asked to report by phone; Internet reporting system remains offline after hack
- CV's District Titleist
- Frei reflects on senior season
- Rams stumble as Whitepine League playoff picture comes into focus
- District champion Savages headed to Bonneville; Pirates run through play-ins, en route to Rigby
- Vengeance a factor as GHS returns to McCall
- Grangeville’s season ends at play-in
- IDFG urges cautious driving after school bus hits cow elk down south
Grangeville Veterans Center Grand Opening, Oct, 15, 2016
The Veterans Outreach and Community Center in Grangeville held its grand opening ceremony last Saturday, Oct. 15, that featured refreshments and live music. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)