Monday, December 30, 2013
GRANGEVILLE — Snowfall after the Free Press print deadline last Friday, Dec. 20, allowed Snowhaven Ski and Tubing Area to open before Christmas.
With 23 inches reported at the summit and 19 at the base as of Friday, Dec. 27, the facility will be open weekends 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. as long as winter conditions prevail.
But there’s always room for more snow.
“We could use some more snow on the tubing hill,” manager Scott Wasem said last Thursday, Dec. 26.
For the latest snow totals, call Snowhaven at 983-3866 or check online at skiidaho.us/conditions.
More like this story
- IDL: Grangeville-area prescribed burn "highly successful"
- Call Log: Lewis County Sheriff
- Court Records: District/Magistrate
- Government: Idaho County Commission
- Outdoor classroom has been teaching kids for 30 years
- Area’s mining history to be discussed at Thursday program
- ‘Reading buddies’ meant to instill love of literacy
- Census shows Idaho County gain in 65 and older, 20-to-39 age groups
- District to decide $500,000 water revenue bond on Nov. 3
- Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest visitor surveys begin Oct. 1
USDA TV Feature: Improving Poultry Science
A USDA researcher is working to improve the science of poultry farming. Enlarge