Monday, December 30, 2013
Meeting dates are set for public involvement in revising the Forest Plan for the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests. This is a continuation of meetings held from last year for public input on how to manage national forests.
Two meetings will be held in Grangeville, Forest Service Office, Airport Road:
• March 8: Topics include air quality, fire, and fuel management follow-up, social and economic assessment presentation, updates on timber suitability, and recreation opportunity spectrum and recommended wilderness;
• May 10: Topics include integration reports of all resources, a review of tribal resources input, and wildlife resources follow-up. This is the final planned collaboration session prior to initiating scoping for the NEPA process.
Two meetings will be held in Orofino, Forest Service Office:
• Feb. 8: Topics include air quality, fire, and fuel management, distinctive roles of the forest, and what’s next in the NEPA process;
• April 5: Topic will be wildlife resources.
The Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests were selected to be “early adopters” of the Forest Service’s 2012 Planning Rule which emphasizes collaboration to develop the plan. So far, approximately 50 to 60 people have regularly participated in past meetings.
A draft Forest Plan is expected in June for interested parties to provide formal input through the NEPA process. Public meetings will be held at this time to share key items from the plan, answer questions, and for the public to learn how to provide comments.
To participate at or outside these meetings, contact Carol Hennessey, Forest Plan Revision Collaboration Coordinator, 935-4270; firstname.lastname@example.org. Go online at http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nezperceclearwater/landmanagement/planning.
More like this story
- GHS cheerleading meeting, clinic set for June 7-8
- Lindsley throws All-America discus at NAIA championships
- F&G board to reconsider chinook fishing closures at June 2 meeting
- Grangeville accident briefly slows weekend travelers
- Lindsley raises C of I hammer throw record at NAIA national meet
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Syringa Hospital and Clinics
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Stark Plumbing
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Jonathan Rich Tree Care
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: CHS Primeland
- Get Acquainted Spotlight: Norco
Neighborhood Experts: Bettie's Floors -- Carpet
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)