Monday, December 30, 2013
Meeting dates are set for public involvement in revising the Forest Plan for the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests. This is a continuation of meetings held from last year for public input on how to manage national forests.
Two meetings will be held in Grangeville, Forest Service Office, Airport Road:
• March 8: Topics include air quality, fire, and fuel management follow-up, social and economic assessment presentation, updates on timber suitability, and recreation opportunity spectrum and recommended wilderness;
• May 10: Topics include integration reports of all resources, a review of tribal resources input, and wildlife resources follow-up. This is the final planned collaboration session prior to initiating scoping for the NEPA process.
Two meetings will be held in Orofino, Forest Service Office:
• Feb. 8: Topics include air quality, fire, and fuel management, distinctive roles of the forest, and what’s next in the NEPA process;
• April 5: Topic will be wildlife resources.
The Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests were selected to be “early adopters” of the Forest Service’s 2012 Planning Rule which emphasizes collaboration to develop the plan. So far, approximately 50 to 60 people have regularly participated in past meetings.
A draft Forest Plan is expected in June for interested parties to provide formal input through the NEPA process. Public meetings will be held at this time to share key items from the plan, answer questions, and for the public to learn how to provide comments.
To participate at or outside these meetings, contact Carol Hennessey, Forest Plan Revision Collaboration Coordinator, 935-4270; email@example.com. Go online at http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nezperceclearwater/landmanagement/planning.
More like this story
- Texas man killed in auto accident
- Wonnacott setting his pace
- Youth waterfowl, pheasant seasons open soon
- Olsen places second overall at Seaport Invitational
- Salmon River girls win G’ville Tourney
- Passport program a boon for new hunters
- PHS crushes Council; Savages smash Wilder
- Is Idaho County squatchy?
- Bulldogs, Pirates go five sets
- Rams crush Timberline
Gonzaga University Concert Choir at Cottonwood, Sept. 2016
The Gonzaga University Concert Choir performed at the Monastery at St. Gertrude at Cottonwood on Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016. Here is an excerpt from that event. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)