Wednesday, December 11, 2013
LOWELL/SYRINGA — Snow, sleet, cold, and dark of night will not keep us from the EMT Christmas party this Saturday at the Wilderness Inn. Bring your dish, bring your auction items and bring your snow tires, it starts at 5 p.m.
Looking out at the Lochsa River, it has ice on both sides, it has snow falling on that ice, and icicles are hanging down from the bushes. In other words it’s icy!
I’m old, so I can repeat myself, but I must say, is it just me, or does every single time the megaloads make a move toward Canada, the weather comes in from the north and smites them to a stop? Doesn’t matter if it’s Hwy. 12 or down south in Oregon and southern Idaho. Just as they are about to head out, Jack Frost waves his icy hand and stops them dead in their tracks, and the tracks are wide and long and heavy. Just sayin’.
We are all excited about Christmas up here and may we not eat too much or spend too much money, and may we all enjoy each other’s company!
More like this story
- It's on: Grangeville Chili Cookoff 2017
- State wrestlers continue in contention tomorrow
- King’s store to close
- Syringa officially affiliates with Kootenai
- Syringa Pharmacy to open its doors April 1
- Dancing The Night Away
- Listening sessions set to discuss commerce, tourism, industry
- It's Your Business: After-hours set for Idaho County Vets Center; Get Acquainted is here
- Lincoln Day Dinner in Greencreek this Saturday, Feb. 25
- White Bird News: YouTube video does not accurately reflect town
What NOT to give this Valentine's Day
The Free Press recently conducted a little "on the street" market research. Are you looking to give the perfect gifts this Valentine's Day? Make sure you check out next week's Idaho County Free Press and Shopper for relationship saving ideas. Enlarge
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)