Wednesday, December 11, 2013
GRANGEVILLE – Christmas tree permits are required for the national forest. A permits is required for each tree. Permits are $5 each and are limited to three per family.
The permits can be purchased from any of the Forest offices or at the following local vendors: Harpster Store in Harpster, Tom Cat’s Sporting Goods in Kooskia, Rae Brothers Sporting Goods and Tackett’s Saw Service in Grangeville, Cloninger’s Harvest Foods in Kamiah, Helmer Store & Cafe in Helmer, Idaho Rigging in Potlatch, Southside Chevron and Woodland Enterprises in Moscow, and DYNW (Discover Your Northwest) at the Lolo Pass Visitor Center, and Lochsa Lodge at Powell.
“Cutting a Christmas Tree on Your Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests” brochure is available at all forest offices and on the forest website at: http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/nezperceclearwater/passes-permits/forestproducts.
Dec. 20 application deadline for NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program
The Idaho Natural Resources Conservation Service set a Dec. 20, application deadline for the Environmental Quality Incentives Program and Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program.
Applications for organic operations, on-farm energy savings, seasonal high tunnel systems, soil health, and wildlife habitat are also due on Dec. 20. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed in the 2015 funding cycle.
Stop by the Grangeville USDA service center (983-1050) or visit NRCS online at http://www.id.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/.
More like this story
- Dec. 20 application deadline for NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program
- Christmas tree permits available at Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests
- Christmas tree permits on hand at local forest offices
- Oct. 16 deadline to apply through NRCS for general EQIP
- Deadline extended for conservation funds
- Prairie leapfrogs CV in Whitepine League standings
- Getting to know residents is worth the time
- Chiropractic care improves insomnia, sleep patterns
- Fall preparations: Get yard ready for winter
- What you can expect during your clinic visit
- Many add-ons available for hunters’ ATV and SxS
- Experienced professionals help with heavy duty items
- Take gold route in Clearwater County
- Deadline approaching for the Discounted Early Capital Credit program
- Fire restrictions lifted; burn bans may still apply
Grangeville defense stops McCall
Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)